Welcome to the inPress Global Media Events Tracker! With so many events now going on in the post-pandemic world, it can be difficult to keep up-to-date with all of them, let alone narrow down the most relevant ones to attend… Updated weekly, our live events watch brings all of the industry’s convenings together under one roof, making it easier to weigh up where to spend your time! Hosting a media event? You can contact us directly at email@example.com
May 23rd – 27th 2023
Africa Soft Power Summit
Serena Hotel, Kigali, Africa
- Founded during lockdown in 2020, Africa Soft Power focusses on leveraging the continent’s creative & cultural industries to propel Africa forward, while redefining its role on the world stage.
- The first physical incarnation of the event took place earlier this year, with huge success, and the 2023 convening promises to be even bigger… if you’re interested in the African media, tech, and creative markets, then this is the event for you!
November 29th – December 1st 2022
Marina Bay Sands, Singapore
- Perfect for cloud and content providers alike, Capacity Asia will feature speakers from the likes of Meta, Verizon, Delta Partners, Lightstorm and more.
- In addition to the 50+ speakers on offer, there’ll also be 30+ exhibitors and 500+ attendees to network with.
November 30th 2022
ELLE UK with Cambridge School of Visual & Performing Arts
43 Bloomsbury Square, London, UK
- A special evening event celebrating culture and belonging, attendees will enjoy welcome drinks and canapés before thought-provoking conversations.
- ELLE UK’s Digital Executive Editor, Natasha Bird, will be joined on-stage by Chatterbox Founder & CEO, Mursal Hedayat; Founder and CEO of The Dots, Pip Jameson; and England Rugby and World Cup-winning legend, Katy Daley-Mclean.
Thursday 15th December 2022
British journalism Awards
Hilton Park Lane, London, UK
- Now in their eleventh year, the British Journalism Award’s are the country’s flagship programme for recognising excellence in the industry.
- Hosted by Press Gazette, the shortlist contains some of the biggest hitters in UK and international media, from the BBC and The Times, to Tortoise and New Statesman.
March 1st – 2nd 2023
The Publishing Show
ExCel London, UK
- Describing itself as ‘The UK’s Premier Event for B2B and B2C publishers, newspapers, content providers and suppliers’, The UK Publishing Show is made up of both conference and exhibition.
- In addition to stand and sponsorship enquiries, the Mash Media produced event is currently calling for papers from potential speakers, and you can find out all the details here.
April 26th 2023
The Publisher Podcast Conference & Awards
- An innovative addition to the media events calendar, The Publisher Podcast Awards and accompanying conference celebrate – and signify – the industry’s adoption of podcasts as a central editorial offering, and all of the great work being done in this area.
- The 2022 programme saw wins for the likes of the FT, Immediate Media, BBC, Reach and more, and entries for the 2023 shortlist are being accepted until December 9th 2022.
June 6th – 8th 2023
FIPP World Media Congress
Cidadela Cascais, Portugal
- An event that’s close to our own hearts, having worked with FIPP – The Global Media Network, for many years, is the FIPP World Media Congress.
- Taking place in Cascais, Portugal, the event represents THE flagship convening for global media, hosted by the industry, for the industry.
- With an impressive historic speaker list made up of the likes of Conde Nast, Dotdash Meredith, BBC, National Geographic, and more, the Congress next year celebrates its 45th outing.
June 14th 2023
Digital Publishing Awards
- Hosted by the Association of Online Publishers (AOP) in partnership with PubMatic, the Digital Publishing Awards are a much loved tradition in the UK media events calendar.
- The night always delivers a great atmosphere and a much deserved celebration of all the creativity going on in the digital sector, and you can find out all the information so far here.
December 1st 2022
FIPP Insider New York
Hearst Tower, New York, US
- A FREE FIPP event and a nice short, sharp one at that, taking place from 9:30am – 11:30am on the morning of Thursday 1st
- Focussing on Product & Content Evolution Post Pandemic, FIPP President & CEO, James Hewes, will be joined on-stage by a number of leading industry speakers (TBC).
- It’s part of a wider event talking place in the same venue on the same day – The Media, Audience, & Content Marketing Association’s (MACMA) Holiday Extravaganza, and you can find out more about both components of the day’s programme here.
December 1st – 3rd 2022
Art Basel Miami
Miami Beach Convention Center (and surrounding area), Miami, US
- For all the art lovers out there, Art Basel’s US event will be taking place in Miami from Thursday 1st December.
- The fair brings together leading galleries from five continents to show significant works by masters of Modern and contemporary art, as well as the new generation of emerging stars.
- There’s always a buzz around the city during the show, which attracts a broad range of attendees from the world’s of media, tech, arts, entertainment, finance and more.
February 13th – 15th 2023
Digital Content Next Summit
The Conrad Hotel, Fort Lauderdale Beach, FL
- Digital Content Next (formerly the Online Publishers Association) represents some of the biggest brands in global media, from the BBC, to Hearst, to Disney.
- The organisation’s flagship summit is being staged in Florida in February, at a 5-Star location across a day and half’s worth of programming. You can find out all the details here.